Trina
"If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married."

~Katharine Hepburn

Today I came home from yet another day at work, everything was normal nothing out of place, it was "smooth sailing" you could say. I started to cook some dinner when I just so happened to notice the mail sitting on the counter. Not too concerned about flipping through it, I continued my quest of making low fat/whole grain Mac & Cheese (about as good as it sounds). My roommate walks into the kitchen and announces, with wide eyes and a smile, that I got a "little something" in the mail. Thinking it was just another bill I scrutinized the stack, picked it up, and began flipping through the envelopes. Junk, junk, bill, COUPONS, letter...

The white envelope caught my eye like an orange traffic cone on new black top. I roll my eyes and carefully open the seal.

"Mr. and Mrs. So-n-so

request your presence at

the marriage of their daughter

Blah Blah Blah

to

Blah Blah

the son of Mr. and Mrs. Whomp Whomp

at such and such place

at such and such time."

Another wedding invitation, that makes five that I have received this Summer. As I ponder yet another classy piece of stationary my mind meanders to my fabulous life as a young, single, Christian woman. EXCITING- I think in mild sarcasm. For example, last Saturday night (the night on the town for most single people) my roommate and I found ourselves locked in our third floor apartment, without hope of "painting the town red," or any other color. I mean what's the deal with that?As young, single, Christian women, we should be sought after... can I hear an Amen? But why are we at home doing nothing on a weekend night?

This leads me to believe that there are just no young, single, Christian men out there. However, if there are they are with all the wrong women, just kidding... or am I?

Every day I am reminded of my "oh-so-apparent" single life. Today I sat in the coffee shop of the hospital, where I work, and did one of my favorite things to do when I eat my lunch, people watch. Every passer-by-er was part of a couple. I looked around in disbelief, wondering if the hospital was offering some kind of two-for-the price of one deal. Oh-so-ironically "Better Together" by Jack Johnson blares through the ear buds of my iPod and pounding the lyrics into my brain... Ooooo, it's always better when we're together....

I quickly change the song to "I Don't want to be in Love" by Good Charlotte. Ah, so much better.

I came to the realization, as I walked back to work, that I am content where I am...

That is, until I receive another fancy envelope addressed to Miss Trina LaFollett in calligraphy.

3 Responses
  1. The Fears Says:

    hi miss trina hey we keep missing each other when you call but dont give up on me. keep trying I have lots of news
    martina


  2. Katrina Says:

    Trina,

    I love the quote underneath the picture! I enjoy reading your blog.
    Shanna helped me start my own...check it out at:
    http://kms-life.blogspot.com

    ~Katrina


  3. The Moores Says:

    I should send you something in fancy calligraphy just so that you can see that not only wedding invitations look fancy! lol