
I LOVE the 4th of July. I go crazy over the three "F's" : Food, Fun, and Fireworks.
This year I was invited to my roommate's parents house in Vancouver, WA. I was not only exited for the "F's," but also for the three day weekend, which was much needed!
Our day started off with a four mile walk then it was back to the house to get ready for the festivities. Soon after, we were off to join a group of people who I have never met. I have never been too outgoing and would normally be nervous, but this day I didn't even care (not quite the anticipated feeling of Christmas, but close to. I know, crazy right? No, I just like it!)
Everything turned out to be really "FUN"! We ended up playing many rounds of my all-time favorite game- Catch Phrase- followed by some sequence, and then the anticipated fireworks! I don't know why but when I see the big fountain explosions, everything seems calm, for once. I love the sounds of "oooing" and "ahhhing." For me I always think of the movie The Sandlot, when the group of boys are headed for the field, when they all stop to watch the excitement in the sky, with America the Beautiful (the Ray Charles version) playing in the background. Love, love, love it!

