


Friday night I get off of work and come home to the usual situation (either one or both roommates on the couch watching TV). I Dread the thought of another mundane Friday night. I change my clothes and flop on to the couch, and into another episode of 8 Simple Rules. My roommate and I start talking about work and whatnot, when she all of a sudden perks up in remembrance of an advertisement on the radio. On July 11th every year, 7/11 gives away free slurpees. We decide we would be fools not to take advantage of this amazing offer, so we meander the short distance to get our free slurpee. We get there and realize that the "free" cups are tiny! I don't know why we are surprised, but we are. However, the small cup size does not quench our indulgence nor our appetite.
After we drop a "mini slurp" (not even big enough for the double E's) off at our other roommate's work , we head for Teriyaki Madness, our favorite place for the Japanese delight. We take it to go. Back in the car, we start to drive back to our apartment, when we see, low and behold another 7/11. We decide that a slurpee, or rather a mini slurp, would enhance the flavor of our Japanese cuisine. We get in to the store and see there are only a few cups left, but we had made it!
One viewing of The Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan version), half of my House Special, all brown rice, and the last sip of my crystal light peach mango mini slurp later, we head out for a close friends birthday at the Cheesecake Factory (YUM). I am a simpleton when it comes to cheesecake and either like it plain or with cherries, I decide on w/cherries. We have laughs over our delicious desert and then the evening comes to an end, now 11:30pm.
Driving back home, we open the sunroof and turn up the stereo (Leavin' by Jesse M.), and soon we start laughing hysterically over plain nonsense. On a whim, we decide that we should take a more scenic route to our humble abode for more reasons than one. Although we are stuffed to the max, we are in search of yet, yes, another 7/11. But, why stop at one, when there are at least two more on the way to our casa?!
7/11 #3, says that they are out of cups, my roommate and I sigh and start back outside, when the cashier mumbles something, walks through the door that states "employees only" and comes back through with a heap of mini slurp cups. This time I try crystal light cherry limeade. I figure that I already have cherries in me, so I'm not mixing flavors.
we have 20 min to get to the other two.
7/11#4 The cashier says that they are not a "participating location." My thought is, if 7/11 did not have a birthday, then you would not own this store! Would you celebrate your child's birthday? BAM! We walked out of the store and straight to the 7/11 sign to show our frustration with this particular one- no harm was done, just a picture of me showing my frustration.
7/11#5 only 10 min to get there. we are now driving 5mph over the speed limit, when all of a sudden, I see behind us the dreaded red and blue flashing lights. What a horrible excuse to be pulled over, "I'm sorry officer, I was just trying to make it to the 7/11 before they take away all the free mini slurp cups. We only have 5 min... now." However, the cop was not on our tail, thankfully, but on another mission and just needed us and our quest for mini slurps out of his or her way. We walk into the store with one minute to spare, only to have the cashier tell us that they are out, but we could have the next size up for only a $1.08. Hummmmm, let me think about this, I came for a FREE slurpee but I could get a different size for a non-discounted price.
We look at him in disbelief, and say "thanks, but no."
Finally home, we decide that Saturday will be a day of dieting and fitness.
Oh Thank Heaven for 7/11

I am loving the blog post, it sounds like you had a wild night! I loved the narrative, I felt like I was there! Keep up to good blogging.
hey trina thanks for showing me how to update Im going to be a bloggin fool.