One of my best friends from high school had her wedding ceremony in August, and I just got a picture! Leah met her husband, Greg, on a military base several years ago. They dated and sometime later he was deployed to Iraq- I don't know all the details, it's not really my story to tell. Anyways, when he came home on leave August of 2007, they went to the courthouse and got hitched. It was perfect for them, because they didn't want a big wedding.It was funny, because Leah called to tell me about it, and then a week later we met up and I got the news that they were having a ceremony when Greg got home. Anyways, they renewed their vows- which they wrote (this time) and had a beautiful ceremony! I was asked to give a speech at the reception... I stressed about what I would say, but fortunately, Leah and I have known each other since the 7th grade, so I had a lot to pull from. I am so happy for the two of them.
Now, they have been married for a full year and are expecting their first child sometime in April. WOW, is right! They are so excited and my creativity/artistic ability has already been recruited for the nursery- once they find out the sex- it's gonna be a boy (I just know it)!
