Trina
Last week I got to meet up with my parents and sister, Shanna, at my other sister, Tiffany's home in Oregon. It was the first time we had all been together in a long time, well since May of 2007. It's amazing what happens when we get together. As much as us girls used to fight growing up, it's kinda funny how far we have come. Tiffany would always be mad that Shanna and I when we tried to replicate her outfits. Now I think the tide has changed as I found she tends to compliment my outfits. Shanna and I have always been close, even when we fought (and we fought. In high school she would pull over on the side of the road and yell at me to get out or change my attitude...) we were still best friends. I still have the attitude, but I kinda think it's part of my charm ;) .
What we put our poor parents through, I don't know. We have a certain love of toilet talk around the dinner table, that usually tends to be pee-your-pants funny- no pun intended. However, one night we continued our dinner conversation in the living room. I had noticed that our mom had set out the movie Made of Honor, as it was leaning in plain sight against the TV--oh so subtle. But the rest of us were just content to sit and talk.... that is until I pulled out my most beloved sidekick-- my self-inflating whoopee cushion! You know, there is an art to the usage of a whoopee cushion, but more on that later.
This ridiculous toy kept us entertained for hours. I would use my artistic flare and Shanna would interpret which each flarp was--scientifically speaking-she is a nurse. That is how we spent our time together- laughing and talking, and whenever the conversation got too serious-- well you can imagine what took place.
This is what I love about my family- we can be together and laugh until our abs hurt over stupid things. Not a lot of people appreciate our humor, but it is our humor and we are oh-so-proud of it. Our last name means "the little fool," maybe it's true, but we do have fun!
0 Responses