This morning I was visited by the image of someone I knew in Jr High, the 13 year old me. Nothing out of the ordinary happened as I went about my morning routine, but the second I looked into the mirror the image of "Josie Grossy" appeared looking at me. I was never considered the "cute girl" growing up, but I had 'a great personality' (not much has changed). I was never really self conscience of my appearance, well to a certain extent. What 13 year old doesn't want to have clear skin, amazing hair, and a perfect body? It's just nothing I ever fixated on. However, when I look back at pictures I feel sorry for the overweight girl with bad clothes, bad skin, and bad hair.
The funny thing is, when I was that age I loved my hair. It was the one thing I loved about myself. I'm sorry, I just don't think that hair down to one's butt is really attractive on anyone, let alone a 13 year old who is also dealing with bad skin and bad clothes.
This was the image I saw staring back at me this morning. My face had at least 5 NEW red marks, my hair was half-up-half-down (in a bad way, I mean one side in a pony tail, the other side clung to my face), and even yesterday's mascara made an appearance under my lower lashes making it hard for me to completely forget the past.
The most embarrassing part is that my makeup didn't make a difference! I was 13 year old Trina all over again, only this time I also wore glasses! Yeah, I could tell people were looking at the huge zit on my chin instead of making eye contact as I made their lattes all day, but when it came down to it, I acted the same as 13 year old me would have. I ignored it and did my own thing. Today, I had an ugly day. Now, I am off to wash my face with Acne wash I bought on my break... I don't want 13 year old me to show up again tomorrow, one day was quite enough!
The funny thing is, when I was that age I loved my hair. It was the one thing I loved about myself. I'm sorry, I just don't think that hair down to one's butt is really attractive on anyone, let alone a 13 year old who is also dealing with bad skin and bad clothes.
This was the image I saw staring back at me this morning. My face had at least 5 NEW red marks, my hair was half-up-half-down (in a bad way, I mean one side in a pony tail, the other side clung to my face), and even yesterday's mascara made an appearance under my lower lashes making it hard for me to completely forget the past.
The most embarrassing part is that my makeup didn't make a difference! I was 13 year old Trina all over again, only this time I also wore glasses! Yeah, I could tell people were looking at the huge zit on my chin instead of making eye contact as I made their lattes all day, but when it came down to it, I acted the same as 13 year old me would have. I ignored it and did my own thing. Today, I had an ugly day. Now, I am off to wash my face with Acne wash I bought on my break... I don't want 13 year old me to show up again tomorrow, one day was quite enough!

you are funny and I miss you thanks for a good laugh and a new motto Im just going to wash my face so that the day will be new start
Ah, Josie Grossie. She's a little bit in all of us. I don't think we can ever outgrow her.e