I haven't always been a clumsy person, but as I get older disaster comes naturally to me. I remember my first tennis match my freshman year of high school I was so excited. My turn to serve... my very FIRST serve, the ball didn't even make it to the net, however it did make it to the back of my partner's skull. Nice. Junior year of high school I fell seven times in five days, including falling up a hill. How do you fall up a hill? It's still unclear to me, but I do have a nice scar on my knee to showcase the event. Sophomore year of college, my heel gets caught on the cuff of my pants and I go down a flight of stairs of my dorm on my belly. Eventually, I start to think that I broke the curse as nothing happens for awhile... well we all remember the treadmill incident last year... it's in the archive. Well it's Wednesday, and I fell hard on Sunday, followed by several aftershocks of tripping over EVERYTHING (I don't say that lightly), and breaking a glass today because of my clown feet.
I've always embarrassed easily when I have drawn some sort of attention to myself, so I have learned to deal with it in the only way I know how... pretend it never happened. Freshman tennis- as my partner rubs the new bump on her head I toss the ball in the air and have a perfect serve. Not acknowledging until after that I was sorry about the bump.
Junior year falling up the hill- pretended nothing happened, and acted completely surprised when someone pointed out the blood that was running down my leg. "Huh, wonder where that came from," I said playing it off cool.
Sophomore year and the stairwell- I trudged back up the stairs to change my clothes- ripped a hole in the knee- when I walked back on my floor, one of my friends comes running out asking what happened because she heard a crash. I smiled and said "huh? I didn't hear anything." she in return asked why my eyes were watery, and I replied that it must be allergies!
Treadmill incident- well after I fell off and was lodged between my treadmill and the lady's next to me, I hurriedly stood up and began my workout again. Ignoring all the stares and thinking "it never happened."
That's what I choose to believe... it never happened!
I've always embarrassed easily when I have drawn some sort of attention to myself, so I have learned to deal with it in the only way I know how... pretend it never happened. Freshman tennis- as my partner rubs the new bump on her head I toss the ball in the air and have a perfect serve. Not acknowledging until after that I was sorry about the bump.
Junior year falling up the hill- pretended nothing happened, and acted completely surprised when someone pointed out the blood that was running down my leg. "Huh, wonder where that came from," I said playing it off cool.
Sophomore year and the stairwell- I trudged back up the stairs to change my clothes- ripped a hole in the knee- when I walked back on my floor, one of my friends comes running out asking what happened because she heard a crash. I smiled and said "huh? I didn't hear anything." she in return asked why my eyes were watery, and I replied that it must be allergies!
Treadmill incident- well after I fell off and was lodged between my treadmill and the lady's next to me, I hurriedly stood up and began my workout again. Ignoring all the stares and thinking "it never happened."
That's what I choose to believe... it never happened!

thanks I needed to laugh and well I know Im not suppose to laugh at my friends but I can't help it so funny