Trina
I can't believe that it is already April!!!! Time has seriously flown by! Not too much to update everyone on. Between apartment hunting, fitness boot camp, and having mid-mid life crises, I've successfully remained busy.
The Apartment
I am in the market for a studio or a one bedroom. My biggest struggle is finding something in my small budget that feels safe. The last thing I want is to come home and feel like I am going to be murdered. Shanna and I went to look at some places a couple of weeks ago and they were all very small. Not like I need a lot of room. I don't have a lot of stuff... just a hot pink dresser...
Enter Mid-mid-life Crisis
I came to the realization the other day that I am almost 25 and really, have nothing to show for it. I don't own anything except said bright dresser and my college loans. Sure, I have a degree, but the only one who seems to be impressed with that is moi. While most of my friends are married, in serious relationships, or starting families, I remain... alone. This has NEVER bothered me the way it seems to now. Yeah, sure, I have blogged about being single, but I saw it as my status was my choice. It dawned on me the other day during my crisis that maybe it's not my choice at all... sweat began to form on my forehead and my hands froze on my keyboard... I'm doomed. I can feel my eggs dying as I not only search for a ghetto apartment, but also a cat to be my life companion. "Hi. My name is Trina and I'm the crazy cat lady next door." Exaggerate much? I know it's in my head, but that same day someone told me that "I'm getting there (in age)." That was the same day that the life insurance people called to say "we can't process your forms until we have your husbands forms too. So, you need to have him fill them out and send them in..." ugh, I still haven't called them back.
The Stress Reliever
I am six weeks into my fitness boot camp. I have lost a dress size and am feeling a lot stronger from when I started. I find I work out better if I am kinda irritated, and since the instructor irritates me a lot, I thrive! I used to look at him like "You want me to do what?" Now my expressions say... "bring it!" My arms feel like they will fall off Tuesday and Thursday my legs give out like Bambi. I can hold a squat on a half balance ball for a minute! That was my latest goal! However, I do get myself in trouble with my back-talk! I can't help it. My punishment? Walking squats. Man, if my parents would have made me do those every time I talked back... I would probably started behaving myself or I would have AWESOME legs!

I have more to update on, like the job, new friends, and ridiculous comments that come out of my mouth/great timing, but that will have to wait for another time.
2 Responses
  1. Amanda Sue Says:

    Man, I miss you, Trina! I wish I was with you right now watching a Doris Day movie. Soon...


  2. The Fears Says:

    once again you bring a rotfl to my day..I will be praying for everything else to fall in place you know apartment/love cause well I know it will. Maybe you will get a cat that has to go to the vet and well....the rest of the story is yet to be scripted.
    love ya