Trina

I love giving gifts. Christmas is my favorite time of year, because it is the only time when people freely accept presents. It bothers me when I try to give someone a gift (however small it may be) and have them say "oh, you shouldn't have," or "you don't need to give me anything." FYI, I wouldn't give you anything if I didn't want to. Because this is how I show love, I tend to over think what to give people at Christmas. I love getting people gifts that they will love or will be sentimental to our relationship.
Ever since I was young I always looked forward to giving Christmas presents. Unfortunately, when you are young and have no money, your gifts are slightly under appreciated.

Mom, do you realize how many verses I had to memorize in order to get you that "Moo Cow Creamer" from the Awana store? I'm sorry Webster (family dog) got to it before you got to open it. And yes, the candy that was inside was gulped by the dog, not me.

Tiffany, that bird shaped ornament- purple felt, stuffed with polyfill, hand stitched and complete with feathers at the tail. Yeah, that was a handmade masterpiece. I even hand puffy painted your name on the felt so Shanna couldn't claim it as hers!

Dad, I really thought you would love the stuffed animal snake I made out of your tie. It's not like I overstuffed it, you could have still worn it!

Shanna, I was always the most excited for you to open yours! Again, you never needed to say "you shouldn't have." I recited those verses especially for your gifts!

And that was a year I really felt like I over did it!
3 Responses
  1. The Moores Says:

    My favorite present was when you had Webby bite me. That was sweet.


  2. Trina Says:

    Yeah, he was such a good judge of character.
    My favorite gift from you was the Trinabelle book, which I still have. :)


  3. The Moores Says:

    I still have the ornament you made me in high school. It still hangs on my tree every year.
    Even though Webby liked to chew on me, I still miss that guy. We had some good times.