
"Secrets, secrets are no fun. Secrets, secrets hurt someone." -The Office
There are only certain secrets I can hold, and there are only certain people I can hold them from. I get over excited about the gifts I give and strongly anticipate the recipient opening my gifts. Shanna is one person I can't keep a secret from. It's always been my problem. I think she trained me during childhood. I don't remember a Christmas while we were little that I did not spoil a present for someone.
"Mom, we just went shopping! Guess what we got you?! A cookbook! Guess what else? A TOASTER!"- OK, so maybe it was only mom that wasn't surprised, but she was when she opened the "Moo Cow Creamer" purchased from the Awana Store!
Then there was the year Shanna made me compromise...
Shanna: "Do you want to know what I got you for Christmas."
Me: "Kinda. No. Well, kinda. No."
Shanna: "Come on. I'll tell you what you got, then you can tell me what you got me."
Me: "I don't think so."
Shanna: "OK, fine. How bout you tell me what I got, then I can tell you what I got you."
Me: "OK. I got you a Mary Englebreight poster!" -Darn it!

LOL! That's hilarious. :D
I remember the year that Luke guessed what I got him. Since I had a limited place to shop and always shopped at the elementary school Christmas gift shop. I was crestfallen and cried until he felt bad. At least you seemed like a good sport about it. Tricky Shanna! Does she still get you to tell her?