
Not only do I show love through gifts, but also I feel love through gifts. When someone gives me something it shows me that person thought about me, and I feel loved and special. To me it's not about what is in the box, but the fact that I got a box at all! However, at Christmas, the element of surprise is important for the anticipation. But what happens to the anticipation when you know what's in the box? A fake face.
My facial expressions lie all the time. Most the time, people think I am frowning and angry, when in fact, I am concentrating or tired. That is why I get annoyed when people tell me to smile... but that is a different story. Anyway, I have a hard time controlling my expressions, but the worst experience was when Shanna and I were left at home while our parents went to Costco.
That was the year we opened ALL of our wrapped presents, looked at what we got, then wrapped them back up. You may be wondering how we did that with out anyone finding out. Well, we had an extra roll of tape, and sharp scissors. So, we sliced the original tape, carefully took off the paper and made sure not to crinkle it. After we checked out our gifts, we would carefully wrap it back up so it looked like we found it and put it back under the tree.
When our family sat down to open gifts, I felt like Barbie with that plastered fake smile on my face. However, it must have convinced some people, because our parents didn't find out until we told them years later. That was probably the worst Christmas ever!

I would like to know how old you are when you did this!