
WOW! We did it! On November 7th my good friend Jamie and I ran our first 10k. It was tough and I thought at one point this was the way I was going to die! Thankfully, we were not the last to finish, but we were getting there. It took us 1hour and 23 minutes. We placed 1, 507 & 8th place. Me and my competitive ways, touched the mat first so I was the 7th she the 8th... :) What irritated us the most was the speed walking grandpas! These old men were walking faster than we were running! To quote Liz Lemon "Blurg!"
I've rested my week and now am enjoying my intense lunch workouts, and no I don't mean walking into Sam's Club for a hot dog... that was my intense lunch workout last week. Today I ran two miles at lunch, probably 11 minute miles, and still had time to change and eat! I just might see a sprint triathlon in my future... well maybe. I would have to find a pool to train in and a bike to train on, put those two together and there's a real workout... or not. 70 pounds to go!
I've rested my week and now am enjoying my intense lunch workouts, and no I don't mean walking into Sam's Club for a hot dog... that was my intense lunch workout last week. Today I ran two miles at lunch, probably 11 minute miles, and still had time to change and eat! I just might see a sprint triathlon in my future... well maybe. I would have to find a pool to train in and a bike to train on, put those two together and there's a real workout... or not. 70 pounds to go!


Hey, way to go!