Trina
I have some announcements to make... these are things that I've been thinking about for a while, but have had my doubts about sharing with people. I have a fear that I will not accomplish my goals if everyone knows, dumb huh?

Announcement #1: I am running a 5K in October and a 10K in November. I started training at the end of June and have slowly become... a 'funner.' My 'bestie' and I coined the term 'funner' because we have both seceretly longed to be runners... or more like wish we had the bodies of runners! We decided a little reverse psychology would need to be put into play thus we started chanting "running is funning" randomly throughout our workouts. Have I mentioned that I use the treadmill at work, which is in a room built with thin walls surrounded by the Accounting Department? I'm sure they enjoy my chanting, while they are hard at work. Imagine sitting in your cube, crunching numbers, when out of no where you hear, "Yeah, Trina! You're a Funner! Running is Funning!" Oh well, I just broke 2.25 miles today on my lunch break. They have a hard time getting out of their chairs... just kidding!

Announcement #2: For the last year I've been working on a novel. Who knows if it will ever get published, but I am enjoying it. To be perfectly honest my computer is full of half finished stories, but this one is dear to my heart... so far. I go months without touching it, but then I come back and start writing again. I feel like such a nerd sometimes, because I will be alone in my apartment, and then I'll write something and will burst out laughing. OK, so I laugh at my own jokes, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing! I would love to be a published author, but I think I would feel pretty good if I just finished this one... for me.

Boo, another skinny blond just pranced into Starbucks! One day I will be that skinny woman that makes all the chunky girls jealous...

Here's to running and writing! Keep me in your prayers as I accomplish my goals!
3 Responses
  1. Kortney Says:

    I love that you're writing a book and running and eating well and making fun of skinny blondes and mooching free wifi. Reminds me that I really, really like you and that I wish I had spent more time getting to know you in school. You remind me of Karen Walker from Will & Grace and your sarcasm gave me a genuine smile when I read this. Thanks. :)


  2. The Fears Says:

    once again a smile is on my face all because of you ...I miss you...congrats on the running I to am doing the same ran a 5k on the 14th in 39 min but i did it and a 10k on sept 26 so you pray for me and I will be praying for you!!! and I can't wait to buy your book signed by you ofcorse!!!


  3. Trina Says:

    Kortney! Thank you for your support! I appreciate it. We really should have hung out more... however, we are not dead yet, so maybe I will travel and meet up with you somewhere! Ah, Karen... except I'm not drunk all the time... or ever. What a great character though!

    Martina- AHHHHH! I am so proud of you! I kind of was a closet runner for awhile... I didn't want "runners" to look at me and be like "ha, yeah right!" 39 minutes is good time! I am crossing my fingers for a 45min 5k!
    Probably a 6 hour 10k! ;) I miss you!