On our way to the theater, Shanna, Josh, and I stopped at Starbucks for a quick snack. If I was going to stand for two hours, you better believe I had my Americano in hand! Once back in the car, I held the piping hot deliciousness in a cup between my knees to fasten my seat belt. Well, as you know it would not be one of my stories with out something happening, yes, we hit an unexpected bump, and my legs got an espresso bath! Burnt and recently situated, I went to take a sip of what was left, and it was like the coffee jumped from the cup and splattered my face. By the time that we got to the theater, which was only five minutes away, I was completely annoyed and we hadn't even got to the standing around part!
We met Candace and Mark, and walked to the lobby, where we would stand in line. My annoyance dissolved as I found a great opportunity to people watch. I was glad the line was not too crowded, but we were two hours early. There were people who brought camping chairs, people sitting on the floor with books, people playing cards... I had to check the date, because this looked like "Black Friday." All time was lost as we chatted and got caught up, oh yeah and we had to leave our phones in the car, so the only one with a watch was Josh (Invicta of Shop NBC- ask him about it sometime).
An hour later, we get into the theater. One more hour to go. More people watching. Then the movie starts. Then also starts the insane laugh of the guy sitting in front of us. I can't complain too much, it was free. However, when the guy's laugh is SO loud and obnoxious that you have to try to read Sandra Bullock's lips... that's when you can complain. Then there were the people with bladder problems. Let's just say, if you could play the role of a person of those "gotta go gotta go, right now" commercials, then you really should not sit in the middle of the row. If you know that you will need to use the bathroom in the middle of the movie, then you should sit at one of the ends of the row. My feet were stepped on four times.
The movie itself was good. I liked that it was based off a true story, and the characters were believable. The dialog was predictable, but it's like that in most movies. The plot was good- Cinderella story/ rags to riches, who doesn't like that? I liked the end when they showed the real Michael Oher and incorporated reality. Sandra Bullock's hair is horrible, I do not like the blond! And speaking of hair... Tim McGraw with some implants. However, he is still SO handsome! I'm sure the real life Mr. Touhy is thankful they casted Tim McGraw and not some one like Jason Alexander.
