Trina
On Friday afternoon, my boss shared with me about praying for humility. While she shared, I thought to myself... "I am so glad that I don't have a problem with that..." Yeah right! Never again should I think that.
Saturday morning I woke up, instantly regretting the pizza that I inhaled the night before and the two skipped days at the gym. I've been pretty hardcore about my diet and exercise lately, and have shed some weight! However, the intake of greasy pizza was NOT a good choice. I looked in the mirror and saw a nasty red development smack dab in the center of my forehead. I took my frustration to the gym.
I started with my weights, then moved on to my abs... I enrolled in this Abs Bootcamp at my gym, and frankly, it kicks my... abs. Anyways, I finished that stuff, then hurried downstairs to do my cardio. Instead of taking it easy, I decided that I needed to make up for lost time. So I doubled my time on the treadmill, disregarding how tired my body was. As I finished my first 30 minutes, my playlist ended... no more "pina coladas or getting caught in the rain." So I pushed the play button on my ipod, well it started on the third song to the end on that same playlist...Ugh... Jason Miraz again! I began to fidget with my armband, and before I knew it I lost my foot placement and went down like some surreal whirlwind. Hurricane Trina... if you will. I fell between my treadmill and the lady's next to me. The lady on the other side had to reach over and push that, embarrassing RED stop button. The other jogger, to whom I was closest, had to stop her treadmill as well, for I had nothing to grip in order to stand again.
Humility... I was fine, no harm except for a tread burn on my right hand and two bruises; one on my left hip and one on my ego.
4 Responses
  1. Kortney Says:

    LOL! Trina, you crack me up. These embarrassing moments really suck for about the first day but are hilarious in retrospect. I hope you're laughing too. :)


  2. Dana Says:

    oh. my. word. i am not laughing right now. okay, that is a fabrication, but i never said i didn't have a problem with that =). tell that boss of yours to keep her humility stories to herself! she told me too and i am not wanting to get a chance to practice.


  3. Trina Says:

    Yes, I am laughing about it now. I only think it is funny, because I have had WORSE happen!
    Dana- I am totally sending my boss your way! I hope she rubs off on you!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    You go girl! Humility makes us rely on the Lord to give us strength. But, He also is there to pick us right back up on that treadmill of life! Love you, Trina