Trina
In the last couple months I have gone to the movies quite a bit. Here are my thoughts on these movies... note, the first one is probably out of the theater now, but oh, well.

Water For Elephants

The Great Depression took a toll on everyone, even those in the circus. Who could compete with the Ringling Brothers? Someone with an elephant. Truth is, I thought chemistry was lacking between Reese Witherspoon and Edward Cullen... oops I mean Robert Pattinson. Although I didn't think it was a waste of money, I wish I had read the book first. Now I won't be able to imagine the characters not as these two. It was like watching a young aunt with her older nephew... kinda awkward. Let's face it Reece could do better.









Something Borrowed

Being an avid fan of Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinski, I had high hopes for this movie. Nothing like a spineless man to be in love with and friends stabbing eachother in the back. I felt like Kate Hudson was still playing her character in Bride Wars. There were parts that I did laugh out loud at, mainly because of John, he did a very good job. However, I would say this is a "Red Boxer."
I am wondering if they are going to make the second book into a movie, "Something Blue." I probably won't see it... oops I almost gave away the ending, I'm glad I stopped.



The Bridesmaids

WOW. True lack of QUALITY movies out right now! I must say Kristin Wiig is hilarious! I love her facial expressions. However, there was some parts that could have been shortened or even just kept as deleted scenes. My question is, why can't Hollywood just keep chick flicks for chicks! I really don't think that a guy would appreciate this movie. Nothing gets blown up and there are no fast cars or super "hot chicks." I mean really? If they would have left out all the grossness I would have LOVED it! Heck yeah, to the Irish cutie, he was the best part!






Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Johny Depp to the Silver Screen Rescue! Oh, Captin Sparrow how I have missed you! Definately not as amazing as the first movie, On Stranger Tides was a good movie. Introducing more oceanic legends Sparrow battles, Blackbeard, Spain, and Mermaids! Yes, I will never think of Mermaids as the same. Ariel is now vicious! Actually, at some point in the movie I actually expected them to call one of the characters Ariel, but they didn't. I can't say there were any surprises, but the dialouge was witty, the moves were entertaining, and the music enchanting as always!





The Hangover: Part II

"Members of the Wolfpack only," that is what the movie should have been called! I was pleasantly surprised by the first one. However, I knew this one could not be better. The characters were the same, the plot was the same, but this time the raunch level was on full speed ahead. At one point I actually felt tramatized. The first was NOT like that. I think the only reason the first movie worked out like it did, was because the actors were so completely different. There were one-liners, but not funny enough to see it again. Ugh. No.



Thor

Holy Moses, I have found the man of my dreams! Too bad he is a Nordic god...
Again, breath of fresh air! A clean movie! Go see it, even if you don't like these types of movies. I really enjoyed it! It has the perfect amount of humor, action, and romance. Again, I was pleasantly surprised! And ladies.... his abs... oh my!
0 Responses