A new post! WOW, it's been for-ev-er since my last post. I was SO excited for Christmas that I decided to post something every day up until the 25th, starting on the first. Well, as it turns out, I didn't post until the 2nd and I stopped on the 7th... way to go me! Ah well, what can you do about it.
A new year also calls for a new job! Well, actually I started working on the 8th of December... I guess that's why I stopped "Christmas blogging." I began my job as guess what... a receptionist, sigh. However, the company offers a lot of job growth, so let's all cross our fingers. Not that answering the phones is horrible, but I pray that it's not all that I'll amount to! I caught myself thinking, "why, oh why, did I get a college degree (to which I am HEAVILY paying for), when all I do is answer phones, scan documents, and distribute faxes- and sometimes completely obscure ones at that?" I just keep reminding myself that we all have to start somewhere. What I really want to do is stand on my granite desk and hold my staple remover to the heavens and say (in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice, "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never pull staples again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never pull staples again." However, I remain silent, and I do mean silent since I sit alone and the only one that would hear me is... me. Plus, I would like to keep my steady job.
By the by, I am also working at Starbucks on the weekends! Oh, boy working 7 days a week! Yeah, I haven't toned down the sarcasm any! I gave myself the same Scarlett speech three years ago after graduation except I said "I'll never make a Frappuccino again..." This is me eating my words, make that double- Seattle people don't normally get blended drinks in the winter... Phoenix it NEVER stops! I love being a barista, it's just the high maintenance people I can't stand. People who stand over your shoulder and watch to see if you mess up. People who say "that's not how 'so 'n so' made my drink." I make drinks "the Starbucks way," by recipe, I can't help it if "so 'n so" makes it wrong! Moreover, who orders a stirred Caramel Macchiato (pronounced ma-key-ahh-toe, not ma-chi-eh-too)? It's not supposed to be stirred, FYI you are ruining the art of that drink!
I don't laugh as much as I used to. I roll my eyes more and release large sighs. I am sick of "character building." I am pretty sure people just tell you that you are 'building your character,' when they are really thinking... "that sucks!" By the by, anyone who knows me, knows my character is off the charts. I don't need anymore building... can I hear an amen! If my character was a building it would be comparable to the Mall of America- because it's large and fun!
To conclude, I haven't posted a lot lately, I remove staples at my new job, I repeatedly blend on the weekends, I feel I no longer need 'character building' experiences, for I have had enough. A new year calls for... peace and laughter.
A new year also calls for a new job! Well, actually I started working on the 8th of December... I guess that's why I stopped "Christmas blogging." I began my job as guess what... a receptionist, sigh. However, the company offers a lot of job growth, so let's all cross our fingers. Not that answering the phones is horrible, but I pray that it's not all that I'll amount to! I caught myself thinking, "why, oh why, did I get a college degree (to which I am HEAVILY paying for), when all I do is answer phones, scan documents, and distribute faxes- and sometimes completely obscure ones at that?" I just keep reminding myself that we all have to start somewhere. What I really want to do is stand on my granite desk and hold my staple remover to the heavens and say (in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice, "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never pull staples again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never pull staples again." However, I remain silent, and I do mean silent since I sit alone and the only one that would hear me is... me. Plus, I would like to keep my steady job.
By the by, I am also working at Starbucks on the weekends! Oh, boy working 7 days a week! Yeah, I haven't toned down the sarcasm any! I gave myself the same Scarlett speech three years ago after graduation except I said "I'll never make a Frappuccino again..." This is me eating my words, make that double- Seattle people don't normally get blended drinks in the winter... Phoenix it NEVER stops! I love being a barista, it's just the high maintenance people I can't stand. People who stand over your shoulder and watch to see if you mess up. People who say "that's not how 'so 'n so' made my drink." I make drinks "the Starbucks way," by recipe, I can't help it if "so 'n so" makes it wrong! Moreover, who orders a stirred Caramel Macchiato (pronounced ma-key-ahh-toe, not ma-chi-eh-too)? It's not supposed to be stirred, FYI you are ruining the art of that drink!
I don't laugh as much as I used to. I roll my eyes more and release large sighs. I am sick of "character building." I am pretty sure people just tell you that you are 'building your character,' when they are really thinking... "that sucks!" By the by, anyone who knows me, knows my character is off the charts. I don't need anymore building... can I hear an amen! If my character was a building it would be comparable to the Mall of America- because it's large and fun!
To conclude, I haven't posted a lot lately, I remove staples at my new job, I repeatedly blend on the weekends, I feel I no longer need 'character building' experiences, for I have had enough. A new year calls for... peace and laughter.
